By Wintery Knight
Here’s the setup for the question, from Come Reason Ministries.
Christian doctrine holds that God is all knowing (1 John 3:20), and humans have free will (Deuteronomy 30:19 is my favorite example). however, at my favorite apologetics debate board, I have seen skeptics raise an objection to these points several times. the basic logic behind their arguments is this:
- A being with free will, given two options A and B, can freely choose between A and B.
- God is omniscient (all-knowing).
- God knows I will choose A.
- God cannot be wrong, since an omniscient being cannot have false knowledge.
- From 3 and 4, I will choose A and cannot choose B.
- From 1 and 5, omniscience and free will cannot co-exist.
I have read many counter-arguments from apologetics sites, but they were either too technical (I couldn’t…
View original post 753 more words