Brian Auten posted the latest lecture by Dr. Michael Licona at Apologetics 315. Brian’s site has the MP3 file (48 minutes, 44.5 Mb). I can make a smaller version for anyone who wants it.
Here is the video and my point-form summary.
- Contradictions do not affect the minimum facts case for the resurrection, although they are troubling
- Most people respond to alleged contradictions by trying to harmonize them
- Most verses that appear contradictory can be harmonized successfully
- Some verses cannot be harmonized successfully without really damaging the texts
- Christians should not gloss over these few real contradictions nor pretend that they don’t exist
- How should we respond to the verses that cannot easily be harmonized?
- The genre of the gospels is “ancient biography”
- Ancient biography is not the same genre as modern biography
View original post 260 more words